1.27.2009

Don't go into the light!!!



My my my... it's been a while since my last post. Hmmmmm... I was considering just shutting down the whole operation, but instead I won't because I enjoy blogging as an outlet. Anyway, I've been very busy! The biggest thing on the horizon is that I will be showing my Spring Collection 2009 on Saturday, February 28th at the Benson Hotel in Portland. It's a benefit show, and will help the family of 2 year-old Alex Martinez, who has been diagnosed with brain cancer. He's in treatment, and doing well, but his mom has recently been through ovarian cancer. Anyway, it's a chance to help do something good for a wonderful family. I'll be showing with some other Portland designers, including my friend Sarah Seven.  My collection includes 10 looks, and i'm calling it "the tropics of love." I wanted a tropicalia-noir feel to it, and i believe it is going to turn out wonderfully! I'm about halfway done. I'm posting my original sketches and a (bad) pic of one of the tops. 
Okay, i'm gonna be on top of this blog. Well, a little more on top of it anyway! I still have to get my work done!
Please come to show if you can make it, it's going to be a fun evening of runway and socializing, and it's a great cause!

No comments: